- Enjoy life by having everything! (In moderation)
In order to enjoy this wonderful life, you must indulge in the things you love. But indulging does not mean binging. Eat healthy and stay disciplined 80-90% of the time. But don’t forget to treat yourself! Try to find a balance by thinking about everything in moderation!
- Listen to your body
The best food to eat varies from person to person. Your blood type, metabolic rate, allergies, ethnicity, and personality all affect how certain food affects you. Just because an eating pattern works for one person, does not mean it will help in your own success. Focus on the food going into your body, how it makes you feel and move, and make decisions based on personal experience.
- Think about variety when it comes to meals and workouts
Keep your body guessing. If you eat the same thing every day and have the same workout every day you are truly missing out. Even if you eat spinach at every meal, you will miss the health benefits of kale, mesclun, and radiccio. If you do the same workout day to day, your body will adjust and plateau. Vary your meals and workouts. It makes for more interesting days too!
- Strive for well rounded nourishment
Workouts and nutrition are huge components of overall health. But we can’t forget about the other nice things:
- Prepare your day so that you aim for 8 hours of sleep
- Drink water throughout the day
- Meditate and spend time in your thoughts
- Enjoy nature and the fresh air
- Clear your mind of drama, make amends and forgive