- Look at the ingredients: The main ingredients should be ones you could pick from a tree or find in nature. Whole raw fruits and nuts are best! If you are unfamiliar with many of the ingredients just go ahead and move on.
- Do NOT worry about the fat content for now, if all of the other rules are followed, there will be a good amount of healthy fat in your bar already
- Look for the protein vs. sugar content. For a snack bar, I aim for over 5 grams of protein and under 15 grams of sugar.
- Shoot for products that are ORGANIC, RAW, NON GMO. The word “natural” is used loosely and misguidedly so make sure you are looking for the other key words.
- Keep in mind that these types of bars are great for a quick grab and go snack, but always try to have whole, well-rounded meals.
Here are some that I enjoy:
Kind Dark Chocolate, Nuts and Sea Salt
Sugars: 5g Protein: 6g
Raw Revolution Chocolate Coconut Bliss
Sugars: 15g Protein: 7g
Zing Almond Blueberry
Sugars: 11g Protein: 11g